Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15-p264na

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting my laptop to reboot. I turn it on and I hear noise from the fans as if it's about to start then the screen stays black and I get two loud beeps and two flashes of the caps lock LED light. 

I have tried a hard reset a few times and that does not make a difference. I have also started up the computer whilst holding down the windows key and the B key together again nothing happened.

If anyone knows of anything else please do not hesitate to respond, I hope you can help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Performing BIOS recovery or Windows+B has a step that you need to follow carefully.

The proper way is to shut your computer off

Press and hold down Windows button, then press and hold letter B at the same time

While pressing both keys, press and hold down power button for 4 seconds.

After 4 seconds release the power button but keep on holding and pressing Windows+8 for another minute or 2

If nothing shows up please follow the next step.

Press and hold down Windows button, then press and hold letter V at the same time

After 4 seconds release the power button but keep on holding and pressing Windows+8 for another minute or 2

If nothing shows up please follow the next step.

Press and hold down Windows button, then press and hold letter B at the same time

Yes you need to repeat the process again..

This is for the beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Thanks for you support but unfortunately I tried three times and still nothing but the two beeps and two flashes of the caps lock LED light. I don't know what else to do I will keep trying the bios recovery if anything new happens I will keep you updated.

Again thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Hi,

If performing the steps above didn't help  then I would highly suggest to run a diagnostic test.

Heres how:

Press and hold down power button for 4 seconds to shut the computer off

Press and hold down Esc then tap the power button to start the computer (Make sure your holding down ESC)

A small box should appear

Select F2 for Diagnostics

Select English

Select System test > Extensive test > Run once (Test will take some time)

Please post if you have any failure id

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue in last night I was asked to do a Windows update and today my laptop won't reboot.

All that happened is the power light comes on on but the screen stays completely black.

I don't even know if I've managed to do a hard power reset as the battery cannot be removed.

I can't access diagnostics or the BIOS.

Model number is 15-cw0509sa

Please help?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.