Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Pavilion DV4 Pavilion using UEFI does not show internal dvd or and USB device in boot menu

Product Name: Pavilion DV4-5113cl F 39 bio
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Genuine Microsoft DVD for Windows 10. When I put the Bios in UEFI boot mode It does not boot from the DVD or if i use a USB bootable stick formatted using APT format. When I hit esc on boot and select the boot devices to boot from nothing is shown.  If  I let it just try to boot it give me a message that no bootable image on hard disk. It is a new hard.  When I put it in legacy support mode it will boot either the USB or the internal DVD, but I want to use UEFI and the new APT format for security. What device can you buy so this laptop  will boot something that is portable media on this bios ?

It came with this format on the original hard drive with windows 7.

Thanks,

Buford

HP Pavilion DV4-5113cl with INSYDE F39 bios from latest update

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: Pavilion DV4 Pavilion using UEFI does not show internal dvd or and USB device in boot menu

@Alphabeagles

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

As I understand you are using a retail version of the windows 7 to install the OS on a new hard drive, however, it isn't going through the process though you have attempted both DVD & USB, it doesn't work with the USB legacy mode disabled either,

I'll be happy to help, however, there are a few things you should know:

HP Doesn't recommend installing the OS using a retail copy of windows, as you can always utilize the HP Recovery media to install the OEM back anytime.
If you didn't create one on your computer after it was purchased, you could always order one online using this link.

If you want to go ahead and install the same retail copy of windows, click here (though the header is different the steps should resolve your concern)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation