cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion DV6: Not waking after reinstalled Win 7 and updates

HP Recommended
DV6 pavilion DV6 - 2030SA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
After reinstalling windows 7 + updates will not wake from sleep. Fan running. Black screen. Managed to get it to go a few times by power off and taking battery out and in. But now not even starting on that.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,436 24,423 1,624 2,282
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DTman,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Make sure your computer is receiving power. Check whether or not the power LED lights on the back of the computer and the AC adapter are illuminated.

NOTE:

Not all AC adapters have a light.

• If the power LED lights are not illuminated, continue following these instructions.

• If the power LED lights are illuminated, skip to step three of these instructions.

Power LED is illuminated

2. Plug another item, such as a lamp, into the wall outlet, and then turn it on to verify that the wall outlet has power.

3. Unplug the item, and then plug the power cord for the computer into same the wall outlet.

• If the computer turns on, you are finished troubleshooting.

• If the computer still does not turn on, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and continue troubleshooting.

4. Remove all extension cords, power strips, surge protectors, and converters; and then plug the power cord directly into the wall outlet.

5. Press the power button.

If the computer still does not turn on, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and continue troubleshooting.

6. If you have not done so already, remove media from CD/DVD drives, USB ports, and memory card reader slots, and disconnect all non-essential devices (printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar). Leave only the keyboard and mouse connected to the computer.

7. Reconnect the power cord, and then press the power button.

If the computer still does not turn on, disconnect the power cord and continue to the next step in these instructions.

8. With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for five seconds.

9. Reconnect the power cord, and then press the power button on the computer.

If the computer still does not turn on, continue to the next step in these instructions.

10. If the computer has an AC adapter, check the adapter and cord using the following steps.

If the computer does not have an AC adapter, skip to step 11 in these instructions.

1. Check the AC adapter and power cord for damage. If the cord or AC adapter are damaged, replace the AC adapter.

Damaged power adapter and power cord

2. If the cord and adapter do not appear to be damaged, check the temperature of the adapter. When it is operating correctly, it should feel slightly warm to the touch after it has been plugged in for a short time.

If the power adapter is warm but the computer does not turn on, skip to step 11.

3. If the AC adapter is not warm, make sure the power cord is completely inserted into the socket on the power adapter.

Power adapter and cord

4. Wait 30 minutes and check the temperature of the adapter again.

If the power adapter is still cold and the computer does not turn on, replace the power adapter.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c01884928

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation