Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (3,476 Views)

Pavilion Detachable - Black Screen

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just bought a HP Pavilion x2 - 10-j000na (ENERGY STAR) which arrived 2 days ago.

Has been working fine - and battery charge was about halfway down.

Had no problems until this evening when I'm getting no response whatsoever from it. Tried plugging it in with the adaptor, and also starting it on just battery power - but screen remains black, no lights, nothing.

Any clues?? :/

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (3,434 Views)

Re: Pavilion Detachable - Black Screen

[ Edited ]

Hello @Yool,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! 

I have read your post on how your notebook computer is not able to power on, even though it is plugged into the AC adapter, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

If your computer is powering on, but there is no lights illuminating on the device, I recommend following this document on Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 8). Should the machine not respond at all when the button is pressed, I alternatively suggest this document: Computer does not start (Windows 8). This should help restore the display to your notebook computer.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (3,426 Views)

Thanks, Mech. :)

Notebook started working again the following day, but as there's obviously an issue I'll keep an eye on it and follow the links you posted should it happen again.

Thanks for your help!

Yool

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,092 Views)

Issue was a dodgy power charger - they sent me a replacement one (2 yrs ago!).

Sorry for taking so long to reply!!! Now looking for another charger since this one has finally gone, and part is no longer available. :P

Many thx! :)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation