05-07-2013 12:26 PM
Product Name Pavilion dv7-1232nr
Product Number NB239UA#ABA
Microprocessor 2.20 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-74 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 & 64 bit
When booting laptop (turning on the power), it continues to reference the DVD as if it is in a loop. The screen is Blank, the caps lock and numlock is blinking every 3 seconds. I ordered a mother board and installed it, same problem. I installed a new CPU, same problem. I installed new memory, same problem.
Returned the system to it's original state (mother board, CPU, Memory/RAM)
Events leading up to this problem:
Was at a WIFI site, the computer was working fine. Logoff the laptop, temporary close the laptop without powering it off. Close for about 10minutes at the max. Lift the laptop up and it did not respond to any keys and the display was blank. Press the power button to turn it off, 5 seconds wait, then press the power button. Its been in this state since. Did a "Hard Reset" same problem.
Not sure what elese it can be.
05-08-2013 11:15 AM
It is not 3 blinks. It is 1 blink every 2-3 seconds. I changed the memory and with the same results. As noted in my other posts, the motherboard, CPU, and memory were changed and it still gave the same results. It continues to reference the DVD over and over again without advancing pass this step.
I inserted the DVD containing my Operating System and it did not recognize it. Looping at the DVD Step continued with the blank screen. It act as if there were no DVD inserted.
05-09-2013 11:07 AM - edited 05-09-2013 11:10 AM
Hello ldpmickey. I understand you're unable to get your notebook to boot.
Are you able to progress at all past the CAPS LOCK blinking? If not, insert a DVD will never work.
If you are able to progress past the CAPS LOCK blinking and get into the BIOS try the following.
- Reboot the notebook and tap F10 until the BIOS screen loads.
- Navigate to the System Configuration section.
- Select Boot Options.
- Select Boot Order.
- Ensure the first bootable device is the CD-ROM.
- Navigate to the Exit section and save your changes.
- Post the result.
Have a lovely day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)