08-01-2011 05:25 AM
Message at boot reads: SMART failure predicted on hard disk 2: Fujitsu etc. However there are not 2 hard drives in this laptop. The original was a Fujitsu which appeared to fail during a disk check. I have replaced the drive with a known good Seagate drive but still get the same message. In setup hard drive self test there appears to be a primary and secondary hard drive, the primary fails the self test and the secondary passes. It seems that the bios believes that the original drive is still in place. How do I clear the cmos of this leftover information. Thanks.
08-01-2011 08:11 PM
Try a hard reset.Disconnect all external devices first.
1-remove power cord and battery
2-press power button for 60 seconds
3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)