06-22-2016 03:10 PM
06-23-2016 08:24 AM
Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.
I understand that your laptop does not start as normal. You tried restoring Windows to a previous point, troubleshooting on a blue "Choose An Options" screen, but they did not work.
Please try the hard reset and hardware failure tests on the link below.
If they do not help, performing an HP System Recovery would be the last resort.
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)