Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 13-s128nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion x360 13-s128nr , purchased 1yr9mo ago, suddenly won't power up. It has been charged overnight, and has AC adapter plugged in. When I push the power button, nothing happens. If I unplug the AC, then put it back again, the LED light next to the power port turns orange for 1~2 sec, then turns to white for 5 secs, then off ever since

I've looked all over the hp site for a solution without luck.

-- One page of solving no power issue asks me to turn on my computer to run some tests;

-- One page has page-by-page steps leading to nowhere;

-- One page listing LED lighting up patterns when powered up, but my LED lighting pattern is not listed;

-- I tried to hard reset but can't find the button combination for this model. So I simply push the power button for more than 20 sec several times but nothing happened;

-- I tried to restore BIOS by key combination: Window+B (or V) +the power button but nothing happened; 

-- Then the page shows a series of steps for downloading a BIOS file, save it to an USB drive andrestore BIOS from there. It directs me to a download page that says there's nothing available for this model;

-- After all that frustration, I decided to use the "contact support" form on the website to talk to the HP people. After I typed all the info and steps I tried, the website shows me no [submit] button but a [more options], which, when clicked, exit out of the "contact spport" process and brought me back to the hp site where I first tried. 

-- I replaced both the battery and the charging/power cable with new ones but no help. 

I've spent nearly a week trying to solve this but every single lead on HP site I tried leads to a dead end. Where else can I get help ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @vincp,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you have an HP Pavilion notebook and it won't power on anymore. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you resolve this issue.

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly before posting the query on HP forums. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you for that.

It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better.

After reading your post, this looks like a possible hardware failure. I understand you are having difficulty finding the phone support. Don't worry please follow this link which should help you reach our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.