Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My God! I never have so much problem with one device!
Now tell me, please, why it switches off if I don't touch it for only 30 sec?
I know everything about power saving and I've set everywhere to switch off screen after 5 min if I use accumulator and after 30 min if I work with power suply. Sleep - 10 & 45 min. I gone to power advanced setting for fine tuning... I use computer for more than 30 years, I remember DOS and Windows 3 - trust me, I know what I need to do, to make my computer do, what I want!
But not at this time!
With HP I have 3 problem, I can't solve.
Super fast switching is one of them.
Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nikitco,

Thanks for trying the diagnostics. It is clear as daylight that it is a hardware issue as it goes into sleep mode in the F2 diagnostics page also. The computer needs to be repaired.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nikitco,

Thank you for visiting the Hp community again. A good day to you. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you as you area valued HP customer.. Terrific troubleshooting and an excellent diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• DId this happen after a recent software or windows update?
  • Did it occur after a recent power outage or surge?
  • When you state that the computer switches off, does it mean that it shuts down completely and does not wake up when you tap the touchpad or press any key on the keyboard?
  • Is the light on the power button lit when it turns off?
  • Is there a light on the side of the computer where the charger plugs in when it turns off after being idle for 30 seconds with the charger plugged in?
  • Please provide the complete model# and product# of the computer to assist you correctly.
  • Does it happen both with the charger plugged in and disconnected as well?

Furnish all the requested details to assist you correctly.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

David, thank you for reply.

Yes, it happens both: if power suply is connected or disconected - if there is no bacground process like internet radio, music pleyer etc. computer goes to sleep mode after 30 sec I don't touch keyboard or mouse.
It awakes normally, but it takes time! And every time I have to enter password! I hate this.
That is from the very start of using this notebook.
Changes in Control panel and Advanced Power Settings does not change anything. Now I set 10 min before screen will be switched off. But all happens more quickly!
I use HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx unit code C7CECE98-5154-463A-8197-BB5166D18183

HP Recommended

@Nikitco,

I read the super quick response. It is awesome to have you back. Your terrific patience and commitment are greatly appreciated.  Let us first isolate hardware issues first. Please run extended diagnostics on the computer.

From this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-14-ba000-x360-convertible-pc/15551162/document/c034... (HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures) please perform all the relevant steps from the section "Run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more)" and check if any component fails. If it does, please make a note of the failure code for the failed component.

• If diagnostics pass please try these steps:
  • Run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed.

Please perform a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Then try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device. Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers then select the country and enter the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions and remember to select the correct operating system.

Now check if the issue gets resolved. If it continues, then try these steps: 

• Go to Control Panel, then click Power Options.
  • From the Select a power plan page, click Choose what the power buttons do from the list on the left panel.
  • On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, you then have the option of choosing what happens when you:
    • press the power button
    • press the sleep button
    • When I close the lid- select the sleep option (not shutdown or hibernate)
    • Now check again.

Now check for issue resolution.

If it does not work then please perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 (HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

• The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode
  • Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10
  • The computer wakes from sleep mode unexpectedly
  • Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
  • Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
  • Understanding Windows Sleep and Hibernate modes

Follow instructions from these options to disable hybrid sleep and disabling the password during wakeup. Now check for issue resolution. 

If it continues, then follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button, and search for Command prompt.
  2. In the list of results, right-click Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator.
  3. Type the following commands, and press Enter after each command:
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Now check for issue resolution.

If it continues, then try these steps:

perform a System File Checker scan, follow the steps on this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Now check if it gets fixed.

If it continues then try these steps:

- Right-click on the small Battery Changing icon on the bottom right-hand corner and select Power Options
- Click on Change Plan Settings next to what power plan is selected.
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Expand Sleep and make sure to set Allow hybrid sleep and Hibernate after to Never or 0
- Expand Hard Disk and set Turn off hard disk after to Never or 0
- Click Apply then OK

If the issue still persists, then create a new user account as an administrator from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Restart the computer and log into the new user account after restarting your computer. Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue still persists, then back up your important data and perform a  reset to factory settings by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289 

This should fix the issue if there are no hardware issues with the computer. The trick is to remain patient.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I try to perform HP Pcs Test but... notebook goes into sleep mode. So tests, which need more time then 30 sec were markt as "interrupted". I did not try to update video drivers and BIOS - I have no time to dance whole day around my computer. Yes may be problem is somewhere betin BIOS and Windows. May be somewhere in ragestry. But I did not find it

HP Recommended

@Nikitco,

Thanks for trying the diagnostics. It is clear as daylight that it is a hardware issue as it goes into sleep mode in the F2 diagnostics page also. The computer needs to be repaired.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.