Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 13 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP pavilion x360.

The problem is that when i charge the laptop, 80% is the maximum i can get. And the battery drainage is much more than usual. If that wasnt bad enough, the laptop switches off without warning BEFORE it drops below around 60%. The laptop is only just over a year old and im sure its a hardware issue, although not sure if its a battery issue. 

I need an advice on what component is faulty over here and what i should do to get the laptop being properly usable again.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's check for a BIOS update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-14-ba000-x360-convertible-pc/...

Also, let's run the battery and the AC Adapter test:

• Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
  • Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
  • In the UEFI Main Menu, select Component Tests.
  • In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
  • In the Power menu, select the battery test.

For AC Adapter: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00363266

Let us know what happens 🙂

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mrfoxx

Welcome to HP support community.

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response Sandytech20

It makes sense that the driver may be faulty, however, my laptop does not give me the slightest chance of taking it below say 60% so is it possible to do all the steps without the 15% criteria? Also, this laptop has an internal battery so removing it does not seem easy.

The actual model number is 14-BA004NE. 

As a side note, I always use the laptop without the charger plugged in. And once, the laptop switched off EVEN when it was plugged in and was charging.

Hoping on further assistance...

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Let's check for a BIOS update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-14-ba000-x360-convertible-pc/...

Also, let's run the battery and the AC Adapter test:

• Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
  • Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
  • In the UEFI Main Menu, select Component Tests.
  • In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
  • In the Power menu, select the battery test.

For AC Adapter: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00363266

Let us know what happens 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty0610

I've followed the steps and it turns out that the battery only holds 30% charge and cannot be calibrated. It would need to be replaced. Thank you for the support. 

Also, I would like to know where I could buy this battery online (for delivery outside of the US)

HP Recommended

@Mrfoxx

Appreciate you trying the steps. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region, they should be able to help you with a replacement battery. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.