Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-cw1023nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

At the end of a BIOS update, my notebook reboots to install the new BIOS.

Then, there is 3 verification of the new BIOS image.

At the end, an error message "verification of flashed BIOS image failed".

The notebook restarts endlessly.

I created an USB boot key. Impossible to boot from this key.

I tried F10, ESC, Win+B, Win+V several times. The PC always starts on BIOS Update process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Viorel,

In fact the only way to fix this issue is to change the mother board.

My PC was under warranty and the change have been made without any fee and relativly quickly by the HP support staff.

Hope it helps !

Pascal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Pascal

I have exactly the same issue as you. I have a Pavilion 15-cw1511sa. Have you solved your issue? If so how did you do it?

I tried all the methods you've tried but I had no success.

With the USB flash I get the message "Unable to open the BIOS signature file" and then it restarts in loop doing the same thing.

Regards

Viorel

HP Recommended

Hello Viorel,

In fact the only way to fix this issue is to change the mother board.

My PC was under warranty and the change have been made without any fee and relativly quickly by the HP support staff.

Hope it helps !

Pascal

HP Recommended

Thank you Pascal for your response. I will try and approach HP about this. Although it doesn't seem fair if I have to pay for it. It was an update specific for my type of laptop released by HP. I've done nothing wrong to cause this malfunction. The laptop would work fine if it wasn't for this update.

Again, thank you very much.

Best regards

Viorel

HP Recommended

What did they say? I have the same issue with my Pavilion 15z-cw100. Like you, all I did was update the bios to the version that was made specifically for my PC. Now it is in an endless bios recovery failed loop. The warranty ended in January. Did they replace your motherboard free of charge, or did they make you pay for it?

HP Recommended

I had the issue during the warranty period. I had not been charged.

HP Recommended

Viorel,

Was your notebook under warranty?  If not, did they make you pay for the new motherboard?

Taelton

HP Recommended

Hi Taelton

I have attempted to fix it and at one point I managed to take it out of the recovery loop. Immediately after that it went to a different loop where the screen was black all the time. I had no other choice than to take he laptop to Currys, which is the only authorised HP repair centre in UK. I paid £60 for the diagnostic and another £90 for replacing the main board.

The laptop was outside the warranty period. I haven't chased HP for the money. I believe it's a dead end and it is not worth spending the time to argue with them.

If you are in the same situation and have the time to chase them up, let me know if you get your money back.

Kind Regards

Viorel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.