Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15z V1M95AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bear with me.  I'm going to run through everything that happened leading up to the no POST condition. 

This is a family member's computer. It began with the camera not working, touch pad randomly moving the mouse and clicking, and random shutting off.  When i picked it up, I noticed the battery had swollen, cracking the corner of the case causing the random shutting off.  Removed the battery and reassembled.  This solved the shutting off issue.  The fan seemed to be running more than i would expect.  Attempted to troubleshoot the touch pad and camera.  No driver issues.  Camera was not found in device manager... it must be a hardware issue with the camera. 

Opened up the computer to see if there was anything apparent.  Found some stickiness along the top edge of the touch pad.  Cleaned with alcohol and reassembled.  Nothing apparently wrong with the camera or cable.  Removed the fan to blow out dust.  Blew dust and crumbs out of computer and keyboard.  Computer reassembled without the battery and worked fine connected to the charger.  Still had the previously mentioned touch pad and camera issues.

Noticed there was a BIOS update available, so I figured i would install it.  Update downloaded and was running fine.  Near the end of the progress bar, the screen went blank and the fan remained running full blast.   I left it and came back after about 5 minutes.  No change.  I powered it down and back up.  A black and white BIOS update screen came up, ran through a progress bar, nearly completed with fan running full blast then screen went blank again.  Gave it some time again before power cycling it.  This time it will not POST.  I have attempted Windows-B, Windows-V, a USB recovery drive, installed new battery, new memory, disconnect hard drive.  Nothing. 

Did I brick the mother board?  Is there any other way to reset CMOS on these boards?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.