Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion G6 2229tu won't boot,giving LED code

Pavilion G6 2229tu
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Well I have a hp pavilion G6 2229tu , it's showing the same 1 blink LED code , and the towel trick works but the problem is it has a i5 3rd gen processor and gpu in embedded in the cpu chip itself , and there is no dedicated graphics , which I think means there is no seperate gpu chip on motherboard . So why does that towel trick work for my laptop ? Does it work in case of excessive dust ?? I can't open the laptop worrying I won't be able to reassemble it .. Can anyone help ?
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 329
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion G6 2229tu won't boot,giving LED code

Hi @coolrockstar27,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the laptop does not boot up, but the towel trick works. Please run the hardware tests when you can enter Windows successfully.

If the CPU is not functioning well, it is better to contact HP support or a local repair store to arrange a repair.

To contact HP support,  use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks. 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation