Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15g-br011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hlo in my hp laptop i was studying and my laptop shows that battery 🔋 is only 5 % left then i have gone to bring charger and when I came my laptop was dead and then I plugged in the charger and started the laptop it shows the blue screen with error which says(your device ran into an error and needs to restart ,we are just collecting data....... 100%complete) but it doesn't restarts and remain like that i've restarted it several times but it shows same error plz help me out fast

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Karan2525 

This is not good news -- and you should have turned off the laptop when the battery was so low because some laptops will not start with a dead battery, even when connected to a charger.

In addition, that error message means that the Windows filesystem has been corrupted, and that is most likely because of the very low battery -- and that is not something easily fixed.  And furthermore, Windows is generally unable to fix filesystem corruption problems, as you are discovering.

What MIGHT work is creating bootable media using another PC and then using the media to see if you can repair the filesystem enough to get the PC booting again on its own.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!
d) If needed, select the option to repair the Windows Boot

The PC should now reboot without problems. IF it still has problems, there are other issues at play.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Karan2525 

This is not good news -- and you should have turned off the laptop when the battery was so low because some laptops will not start with a dead battery, even when connected to a charger.

In addition, that error message means that the Windows filesystem has been corrupted, and that is most likely because of the very low battery -- and that is not something easily fixed.  And furthermore, Windows is generally unable to fix filesystem corruption problems, as you are discovering.

What MIGHT work is creating bootable media using another PC and then using the media to see if you can repair the filesystem enough to get the PC booting again on its own.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!
d) If needed, select the option to repair the Windows Boot

The PC should now reboot without problems. IF it still has problems, there are other issues at play.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.