I would like to permanently change the boot order for my HP 250 G7 laptop. I want to boot a live CentOS 7 linux USB pendrive. I have updated the boot setup in the BIOS by performing the following changes:
- Disable Secure Boot
- Enabled Legacy Boot
- DIsabled Boot from Network
- Disabled Boot from CD-ROM
- Enabled boot from USB diskette/hard drive
- Put "USB Diskette/USB Hard drive" has the first item in the boot sequence
- Put "Boot Sequence Manager" as the last item in the boot sequence.
Despite these changes, the laptop keeps booting right into Windows 10. Using Esc-F9 and then select the USB drive works fine, but I'd rather avoid doing these steps every time.
1) Is it actually possible to change the boot order fro the HP 250 G7?
2) If yes, why can't I successfully boot from my USB drive directly?
3) If not, is there an alternative way for me to avoid going thru the dynamic boot menu?