Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 14-eb0005nl
Microsoft Windows 11

As I turned  off my laptop  I selected  the option  to install an update and then turn off ( I must be sincere I don't know what kind of update it was) , but now the laptop  got stuck in a loop where the screen turns on for an instant  showing HP  logo and the words "Please wait while we install system update" and then it turns off.

How can I solve this? (I'm on windows 11 btw).

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi. 

Laptop mode: HP Envy 14 eb0008TX

Bios: F.20

I encountered the same issue. Any update or activity that require restart will stuck (boot loop at Please Wait While We Install The System Update). At first thought due to windows update to Win11 but seems not. 
Some action that I did which does not solve the problem (just wasting time on this newly purchased laptop, 4 days old).

1. Reset Win11 with clean install - problem remain.

2. Install Win10 through bootable method, wipe clean - problem remain

3. Try startup repair also failed. 

Suspect due to BIOS update which i performed on my 1st day using it (initial setup, update all drivers and bios/firmware, through HP Support Assistant and manual download from it's webpage). But as I'm not able to roll back hence not able to confirm. 

Currently I avoid restart the laptop, just shutdown and start up back. 

Current workaround, when boot up, quickly press "F11". Then when Blue Screen appear with "choose an option", select "continue", then the laptop will boot to windows like nothing happen.

it's so frustrating buying this laptop and having this issue. 
Bought due to past good experiences with previous 2018 Envy 13 and current work/office provided laptop which is HP Elitebook 840 G6. 

HP Recommended

just sharing some update. for my laptop manage to pin point the issue. 

it's related to BIOS update through HP support assistant. 

i download the bios version again through HP web (check model specific) and create BIOS recovery USB flash drive. 

refer to this HP youtube video which guide on how to flash BIOS outside window (in recovery). 

I remembered for my case, I installed all the updates when prompt via Support Assistant which does include BIOS update. since then the problem "Please Wait While We Install System Update" loop occurred whenever restart the laptop. 

since reflash the BIOS, i had tried numerous time restart (either intentionally or due to recent windows update), the issue does not occur again. 

so perhaps you can give a shot, maybe it help for you. 

good luck.  

HP Recommended

Updated the bios, but still having same problem.

HP Recommended

I did the bios update via usb, still no luck. Ran full system check and all is good, so it has to be the bios which I also updated 4 days ago. Initially started booting up properly, then this morning stared to push the update every time it boots, windows does not load.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.