07-19-2016 06:42 AM
My battery is at 0% and says "plugged in not charging". Whenever I unplug my charger my computer dies so all the solutions that require me to take out my battery dont work. How can I fix this problem so i can use my computer when it is unplugged. Thanks!
07-19-2016 12:23 PM
there coudl be several reason for this... such as.
1) if the battery is charged for around 90%(depends on model to model it may be 80% also) its normal to avoid anty unwanted charge cycle. this will help improve battery life.
2) if the machine is not charging because to used in too hot ambient temprature or its heating up for some reason. option is to let the machine cool down and it will start charging. this is again technology limitation and safety measure.
3) if above are not true: Try this:
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
hope it helps, Good Luck !
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)