Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook- 15-be014tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been facing a lot of issues with my HP Notebook- 15-be014tu lately. 

1. It started with the laptop shutting down abruptly at a charging level less than 30-40%, without warning. I also noticed that it showed 'plugged in, not charging' message after 80% charge which disappeared (only for a few minutes) if I removed and reconnected the charger. 

2. After a few days, The 'plugged in, not charging' started to occur at 70%, then at 60%. 

3. Also, the battery would drop abruptly to low levels when not charging and shoot abruptly to higher levels when charging. 

4. Now, along with all these problems, the 'sleep' function is not working properly. The laptop shuts down completely when put to sleep every time. 

5. Also, it doesn't turn on simply by pressing the power button. I have to hold it, there comes a low beep sound, then press it once, and repeat this for about 3-4 times for it to turn on. Also, it doesn't start until it is put on charge.  

6. The screen also freezes sometimes. Even ctrl+alt+del doesn't work. 

I have run the HP battery check, it shows the battery to be OK. 

I have had a BIOS update 2 months before this problem started. 

For the 'plugged in, not charging' problem. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in accordance with other articles posted on this forum, but the problem still occurs. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@maheks09

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue and as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

By "contacting HP support", do you mean visiting a service centre? 

I dont have an HP service centre in my city. What do I do then? 

Will the support engineers help me if I call on the helpline number?

HP Recommended

@maheks09

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, yes our support engineers will help you to resolve computer issue.

As I mentioned earlier the HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.