Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 15 x360 2020 10th gen Intel Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to set my Spectre x360 to turn on when I open the lid of my laptop.

My previous Dell XPS had this setting and I can't seem to find it in any of the Windows power settings like it was with that laptop.

Does anyone know how to turn this on? 

Both from Hibernate and full Shut Down if possible would be great.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@VillageSpaceman 

This is from Windows too. I've got a Dell machine (8 months old) when I open the lid, it will come on even when it is totally off. It must have a sensor or a switch.

When shutdown machine and the lid is open, it stays down. But when open the lid, it doesn't matter machine is in any mode, it will turn on. I don't know HP machines do  have this or not, I've got 3 HP machines, all of them do not have this option.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.