Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
J6L69PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I cant start my Laptop. Recently I changed my new Original Genuine HP battery. But now I m facing new problem with start up. When I connect charger no indicate light of charging point. And also I can't start my laptop. In sams situation I can't start my laptop on battery. Today I am going at near about authorized HP service center at Goregaon West, Mumbai TVS Solution center but they decline me reason about your product is old more then 5 years. So we cant help you out. I m surprised with his ans. Now you tell me what can I do now? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RenilKalaria To let you know, the best way forward is to check with an alternate power adapter/charger, get one from a friend or the local tech store to check if that works, considering there's no light on the charging port when the charger/adapter is connected, which means its not supplying any power or the power connector cable on the motherboard is not working.

I suggest you confirm the above and if the adapter/charger is faulty, get that replaced,

If not, the power connector can also be replaced using the steps on the service and maintenance guide if you are comfortable replacing it on your own: click here and visit page. 65 Chapter 6 Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Pr...

I've posted the image of what you should see in the above link, to make it easier for you:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.