Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

6C13K0-61NANG-QFPK01-405R03

Power up but no boot and get blank screen with cursor blinking in top left corner but no buttons work. Hitting Esc during startup gives me HP diagnostics and I ran all the tests. Got "FAILED" on memory test indicating "MEMORY MODULE" and the code above. I've searched all HP support and the web for this code with negative results (why give a code without saying what is means?)

I pulled the memory chips out and reinstalled to ensure they were seated properly. Still nogo on startup.

Anyone know what that error code means?

Computer worked fine when I used it a couple days ago. This failure came out of the blue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HOGSNOT 

That code is provided because we have tool that decodes it -- and it says memory module failure.  While this generally means the memory stick has failed it can also mean the memory controller in the PC has failed.  If you replace the stick with a known good one and still get the error, that means the memory controller -- and that is not a replaceable part.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you. The laptop has 2 sticks of RAM installed. I have no way to test them other than in the laptop. If 

I try each one individually in the slot and the same error occurs can I assume then that the unrepairable module is the cause?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.