01-09-2011 11:19 PM
When I use this laptop it's not feasible for me to use a mouse so I rely on the touchpad. Unfortunately, for the last two years I've been living with it freezing when -- I THINK -- my hand brushes against the pad and the buttons at the same time. I've readjusted the sensitivity to the least sensitive setting and today -- after it freezing 3 times in 90 minutes -- I downloaded new software from Synaptics. It didn't make a difference and the computer has frozen 2 more times. Synaptics, of course, tells me that it isn't their problem and to speak with Compaq. Of course, the machine is long out of warranty.
What might the problem be and how do I solve it?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)