Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DM4
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

DM4 pavilion laptop W 10 insider. This laptop works great when it is on. Leave it for a day or two and it will not start. Power button no light - the charge light is only sign of life. Leave it for a period of time - very variable - a day or week and it will start and run normally. New on board battery fitted

Any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

what do you mean with "New on board battery fitted" ?

did you replaced the battery with a new one ?

bye

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the response - sorry to hear you are having the same problem but interesting as well.

I have had a wiser and more experienced IT person to look at it and he says that it it is the power button on the board underneath the power button that is causing the problem - he said he has bent something and to press on the left side of the switch - so far so good and it has started every time since then. So it's a mechanical failure that makes it look like an electronic problem. Strangely I have looked on the internet and there are a lot of power button cards for sale -  between £4 to £10 - I wonder why? Trouble is there are so many different ones - need to take it to pieces to get the exact number off the board. Mine is dm4  1150ae. I guess it's just age other wise great computer.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.