01-03-2018 03:15 PM
I have a HP ProBook 4530s that won't boot up successfully after updates download then restart. This started when it tried to download and update Windows 10 updates KB2267602, KB4057291, KB4058043, KB4054517, KB4053577. When it would hang I would have to reboot and go back to a previous restore point to get the computer working again. Eventually the restore point got corrupted. I pulled the HDD to save the data and replaced it with a SSD. I have loaded Windows 10 using a USB stick created from the Media Creation Tool. Windows 10 installed fine. But it rebooted after downloading updates it hangs with a blank screen in the same way.
I've tried every method of repairing Windows 10 updates I could find on the web. I would have thought a clean install on a freshly formated drive would fix everything. But maybe there is a hardware/driver incompatability?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)