1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem booting my hp notebook 15-r263dx laptop

HP Recommended
LOT64UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a hp notebook 15-r263dx and just recently I had the LCD Screen replaced due to the old screen being cracked. Well the new screen works but I am having a problem getting my laptop to boot up. I hit the start button and the laptop seems to want to boot up but then it shows a screen that says that there was a problem. the error code at the button of the screen says bad system config info. I have tried the repair features on the laptop but to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,453 24,410 1,125 1,155
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@simpdogg

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Turn your computer back on then tap ESC button repeatedly
  • Once start menu is up, go to F11 Recovery then wait for a couple of secs
  • Once Recovery Manager is up, Click Trouble Shoot >Advanced Options >Command Prompt

A black box will appear. This is your command prompt window.

Type the following command:

•  bootrec /scanos Then press enter
  •  bootrec /rebuildbcd Then press enter
  •  bootrec /fixmbr Then press enter
  •  bootrec /fixboot Then press enter

Windows will update automatically.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation