DadStress
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Probook 6440b crashes to black screen after 4-6 minutes

HP Recommended
Probook 6440b
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

While attempting to install programs on a newly purchased refurbished pro book 6440b, the system will shut down to a black screen. The fan stops; a clicking sound is made and lights on the top and menu bar all go out. 

has happened multiple times and usually takes about 4-6 minutes of run time to crash. 

any advice? Help? Work outs? 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,816 30,708 3,072 7,584
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DadStress 

I buy refurbished desk top PCs all the time but I buy them from a store that provides a 30-day full return policy and I stress test them for a week to confirm they will work without issue.  I don't buy refurbished laptops because I have know idea what was done to them, including having been dropped on the floor.  So, you're taking a great risk doing that.

If this were mine, I would check with where I bought it to see about their return/refund policy because this failure could be almost anything, and is likely going to cost more to diagnose and ix than simply to replace the laptop.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation