Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook G5 430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there folks, I have an issue and would appreciate any help I could get. 

My laptop recently failed and I am attempting to repair it as it is outwith warranty. It will not boot up nor power on. I initially believed the issue to be the result of water damage to the keyboard some months prior (I choked on coffee and a few keys stopped working). Today I got around to replacing the keyboard, but it appears that that was not the issue. 

The specifics of the issue are this: Upon plugging in the charging cable, the power indicator light on the side of the device glows white, before switching to green. Upon pressing the power button, the power button and wi-fi key flash on for a second before turning off. If unplugged, pressing the power button results in the power indicator light blinking 9 times (the last blink is much shorter than the others). 

I don't know if this is a battery issue or something more serious. Is a repair possible, or is the device effectively bricked?

Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jor69 

For all intents and purposes, your last presumption is the most reasonable -- it is bricked.

While that is not precisely true, the situation is that repairing it will involve at least replacing the motherboard -- and even if one could be found (which is unlikely) the cost of such a repair can easily exceed the cost of simply replacing the laptop.  So basically, it is not worth having it fixed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.