Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

Ich bought a HP ProBook 6550b a few days back. On the first start of the notebook I got the following message:

Product Information not valid

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid

Product Configuration ID

I already updated to the latest Bios version, but this did not solve the problem.

I searched Google and Youtube and found a tool (NbDmiFit ) that HP provides. Unfortunately I think, that the tool does not support my motherboard. I tried the batchfile "NbDmiFit.bat", which should find the correct exe-File for setting the missing value, but that didn't work.

After that I tried every single exe-file, but I was not able to set the Product Configuration ID successful.

Does anyone know, which exe-file or which tool one needs for setting the Product Configuration ID on a HP ProBook 6550b?

I also discovered a further possible solution with WinFlash. Unfortunately I don't know, which command is necessary for setting the Product Configuration ID. Maybe someone can help with that:

Usage: WinFlash64.exe [COMMAND]

dat      string   Specify the asset tag DMI string.
dmc    string   Specify the chassis manufacturer DMI string.
dmm  string   Specify the motherboard manufacturer DMI string.
dks     string    Specify the SKU number DMI string.
dms    string    Specify the system manufacturer DMI string.
dos [string;string2;...]|[index1 string1 ...] Specify the OEM DMI strings.
dpc     string   Specify the chassis asset tag number DMI string.
dpm   string   Specify the motherboard product ID DMI string.
dps     string   Specify the system product ID DMI string.
dsc     string   Specify the chassis serial number DMI string.
dsm   string   Specify the motherboard serial number DMI string.
dss     string   Specify the system serial number DMI string.
dus     [uuid]   Specify the UUID DMI string.
dvc     string   Specify the chassis version DMI string.
dvm   string   Specify the motherboard version DMI string.
dvs     string   Specify the system version DMI string.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I can ask to have your issue escalated.

You should be contacted by an HP representative someone over the next few days.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply! I have to ask if this service is free of charge, because the notebook is out of warranty?

Kind regards!

HP Recommended

I wish I knew so I could tell you. I do not know.

This is not a business unit of HP.

This is the peer to peer HP global support forum

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.