Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0027ur 4JT74EA (serial number CND909052T)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HANDLING.
Good afternoon. My name is Andrey Vysotsky. On August 24, 2019, I purchased an HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0027ur laptop in the M-Video chain of stores, Moscow. Since I have one more laptop, and due to the heavy workload at work, unfortunately, I turned on this laptop only after 21 days - September 14, 2019.
After turning on, it was found that the built-in battery was connected but not charging, and the HP preinstalled diagnostic program reported error code U0DB19-9GL9Q1-XD7XG1-C0F303, and reported the need to replace the battery. Also, when you turn on the laptop, before turning on, it restarts several times.
Since more than 14 days have passed since the purchase, my laptop can only be repaired and cannot be exchanged. The next day, September 15, I handed over this laptop for warranty repair to M-Video (receipt No. 770537 of September 15, 2019).
If, after diagnosing the aforementioned laptop, the service center reveals that a laptop breakdown is a manufacturing defect, then, in my personal opinion, the manufacturer could not repair the laptop, but change it to a new one with the same characteristics.
Justification:
The legislation of the Russian Federation establishes that after 14 days, the product is not exchanged, but is subject to warranty repair, that is, elimination of defects, except if repair is not possible, the repair is too expensive or the product is constantly broken within a month.
If the product is defective, but needs to be repaired, then this is a restored product, that is, it cannot be considered new. However, when purchasing a product, the consumer pays the cost of the new product in full without reducing the price as for a non-new, restored product.
Therefore, I think it would be fair not to repair the product with a factory defect, but to change it to a new one, because the consumer purchases a new product in order to start using the new product. Otherwise, the consumer could buy the product in the secondary market, full of restored (assembled in different workshops from new components) products.
The manufacturer does not oblige the manufacturer to do this legislation of the Russian Federation, however, it would be fair and reputable for the manufacturer to take this step voluntarily, creating, for example, a guarantee replacement program for defective goods with a new one, but not repairing it. In this case, the warranty replacement period should be set from 1 month to 3, because not all consumers immediately start using the product, but only after 21 days (as in my case).
Based on the foregoing, if there is a defect in the HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0027ur 4JT74EA (serial number [edit]) factory laptop that I discovered, I ask you to consider replacing this laptop with a new one with identical (or better) characteristics.
If a negative decision is made on my appeal, please do not consider this appeal a waiver of warranty and warranty repairs.

Sincerely, Andrey Vysotsky.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AndreyV77

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AndreyV77

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.