cancel
sheldonbrown20 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: BIOS Update taking long time to install?

Hi I need help.... I have a 7th gen AMD 10-9600 APU hp laptop that I bought recently..... Not too long ago I was asked to update my software ..upon doing so...a couple minutes my screen went blank and won't display anything... And I restart it.. And it's showing me this info and it's just stuck there... And I'm worried cause I just got this laptop
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@sheldonbrown20,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product. To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Stuck at the BIOS screen. Is that, right?

I recommend you to try couple steps and check if that helps you resolve the issue.

Perform hard reset on the PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Also, please share the model number of the PC to find a more appropriate solution towards the issue.

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 483 925
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and performing the suggested step. Recommend you to provide the product number and OS installed on the computer for better assistance. As you have mentioned that the issue started during/after a BIOS update, recommend you to try rolling back the BIOS. Click here for the procedure.
When you are performing the BIOS rollback, make sure to have the basic setup. For Desktop PC - connect keyboard (use USB keyboard if available), mouse, monitor, and power. For Notebook PC - connect only the power cord.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation