leimgllng Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: BIOS Update taking long time to install?

I downloaded a BIOS driver and installed it in my laptop (Envy 4-1035TX). The monitor went blank but my laptop is still on. I tried removing the battery and putting it back. When I turned my laptop on, nothing is happening. It's still blank but the power button is on.
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @leimgling,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting. It is also important to include the operating system you are currently running.  What is your operating system?

I understand that after successfully updating the bios that your monitor remains blank on startup.   Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo... as a guide.

Please let me know the outcome.

To express appreciation for my post please click the “Thumbs Up Icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Buchanma Tutor
Tutor
10 9 1 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - I abandoned trying to update the BIOS as 'too dangerous' my pc was not doing anything that looked as though a BIOS update would fix, so felt it safer to leave well alone, sorry if this is after the event.

0 Kudos
leimgllng Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anything i can do to make my screen sho anything?
0 Kudos
leimgllng Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing happens :( the screen remains black
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @leimgling,

Thank you for replying.

What happened when you connected an external display?  Did all the hardware tests pass?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation