Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue as CC55.  I took my Spectre x360 to a repair shop to diagnose the problem and was told there is a 99% probability that it is an issue with the motherboard.  I too am just past my warranty and have not done anything to the laptop that could possibly cause damage.  I agree that with limited research it is easy to see that this is a very common problem that needs to be addressed by HP free of charge.  I have attempted multiple times to contact HP support and am running into the same problems as CC55. Please Help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NspctrGdgt

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also having this issue. The last time this happened was a little over a year ago, and I would up buying a new charger because the rep at Best Buy was able to get it to boot up. It was within warranty then but now isn't. I can see the power light come on for a few seconds and then nothing, even though the charger has been in the port for hours. I tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds and again while holding F6 as others have suggested. Nada. If this is, in fact, the same kind of recall issue that so many others seem to have had, it would be great not to be urged to pay for something that glitches in what was a fledgling product upon purchase in 2018.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.