Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

End of August I got a new Envy x360 (Ryzen 7 4700U, 16GB RAM, 15" display, integrated Radeon Graphics, integrated Realtek / AMD audio). Zoom occasionally freezes on me too but more often Zoom has an audio problem during a conference. 

I have had no similar Zoom problems with three other devices in the house, for at least twice a week for a few months. It is doubtful my network is to blame (1Gb FiOS, effective ~350-750 MB up/down). The problem seems to be some configuration / driver / program issue with this laptop. 

The problems with Zoom on this laptop started on day 1 and have continued almost each day of use (about 1 hour or so a day).

One time the freezing problem happened when I was not in a conference and I was just changing settings. The audio problem is always during the conference and seemingly the last audio sample played repeats quickly (blub, blub, blub, blub, blub, blub...) until I restart the laptop. When the audio problem happens I get an error message noting the audio and microphone are not available.  I have tried randomly changing some audio and video settings on Zoom to no avail.

This problem feels similar to the Win 95 blue screens of old where many of us users experience a problem often and the developers conveniently get no automated feedback about what is going on. For only one out of 20-30 laptop restarts was I prompted with automated feedback for a Zoom crash and that feedback went to HP,  not Microsoft and Zoom. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.