Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hi guys

I read a post where you helped with bios password issue. Kindly assist me with HP 15ay089nia. I have forgotten administrator password/power on password. System Disabled code 60923263

Regards

Ben
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If there is no 'i' in front of the code, restart the PC and enter this unlock passcode.

If there is an 'i' in front of the code, then I doubt the above unlock code will work, and you will have to contact HP technical support and see if they can be of help.

No one on this forum will be able to help if the above code does not work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

read a post where you helped with bios password issue. Kindly assist me with HP 15ay089nia. I have forgotten administrator password/power on password. System Disabled code 60923263

Regards

Ben

HP Recommended

Hi:

If there is no 'i' in front of the code, restart the PC and enter this unlock passcode.

If there is an 'i' in front of the code, then I doubt the above unlock code will work, and you will have to contact HP technical support and see if they can be of help.

No one on this forum will be able to help if the above code does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi @benawino,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand there is a message - "system disabled" on your screen and you need assistance with the same, 

You would have to contact HP phone support for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash. 

  

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP. 

  

Keep me posted, 

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Jeet

Thank you for your recommendation I have contacted HP phone support and they have informed me that they will be able to assist. I am confident the issue will be resolved.

Regards,
Ben.
HP Recommended
Hi Paul

I really appreciate your help. There is an i infront of the code as u have said so the unlock passcode did not work. I have since contacted HP they have said they will help.

Regards,
Ben
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ben.

Hopefully HP technical support will come through for you.

Please post back and let us know if and how they resoved the problem for you, so we can advise others accordingly that have the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.