Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 2 of 12 (351 Views)

Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

I have exactly the same problem. 

I have bought my "Hp Spectre x360 13 inch, i7, ram 16, Hard 512 solid" less than a month ago from Bestbuy in NJ. From my first use, I found that it gets so hot after less than half a hours which my leg feels burning. I still didn't install a heavy program or compilers and I am using this laptop only for surfing the internet or writing text in the Microsoft word. Please help me for this issue. 

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (500 Views)

My Spectre was heating up during idle. I use RealTemp to monitor temperature and set alarm for 180F. It was hard to catch the culprit, because it stopped as soon as I moved the mouse or keyboard to check.  I finally used Process Monitor to track CPU during idle and discovered that it was Norton 360 which does aggressive system checking during idle. I like Norton and the way it checks and rates download executable files. Setting lower priority for Norton doesn't do anything and I don't really want to do that anyway. And I don't want to inhibit the system checking.

So, now I leave my Spectre on my homemade vacuum pad during idle to solve that problem. *sigh* I need a way to throttle back aggressive programs as a function of temperature.

Student
Message 3 of 12 (324 Views)

I've read so many posts detailing how people's Spectre's are getting extremely hot and the fan is constantly running. I think it is fair to say that there is a problem!

I have seen only a few posts saying the HP rep in the forum has passed information on a couple of individuals to the appropriate people within HP to look into the problem.

I think it is fair to say HP know there is a problem, they probably have all the information about the problem that they need. 

I'm trawling through pages and pages within this forum of people saying they have the problem when the only thing that is of interest to me in this forum now is a fix.

Is there any chance HP are going to acknowledge the problem and suggest what we all need to do to fix it?

I have burnt legs, sore eyes (from trying to find a solution), little patience and a growing desire to find a 360 laptop from a manufacturer that will allow me to use it without getting burnt or grumpy!

Tutor
Message 4 of 12 (310 Views)

there will be a recall soon and everyone will get new machines Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Tutor
Message 5 of 12 (296 Views)

Hello joesatch, would you mind sharing the source of your announcement?
Top Student
Message 6 of 12 (278 Views)

Oh really? HP asked me months ago where I lived in New Zealand so that they could send my laptop to get fixed.....and I have never heard from them since. I live in Auckland so it shouldn't have been that difficult..

Top Student
Message 7 of 12 (273 Views)

Hahaha indeed!
Retired
Message 8 of 12 (198 Views)

Hi there @Pippasmum, @Amir-Spectre, @spectreowner, @joesatch, @TonySharp1, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please take a moment to read HP’s Privacy Policy at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html

Thanks.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 9 of 12 (162 Views)

Dear All,

I called to Hp consumer Service and they sent a box to my address and told me I should put my Laptop in that and then mail it back to them and to repair it. I don't know what should I do? I bought this laptop 1500$ from Bestbuy as a brand new, not a refurbished. I expect that hp gives me a new laptop not repair it because this problem is related to their design. in your opinion what should I do? should I send it to them or it is better to deal with it?

Top Student
Message 10 of 12 (134 Views)

we have a test Spectre G1 from HP. We told them, about 160 bluescreens in 2 weeks. We asked to give the PC back to HP - they WONT BACK that PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation