Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I got the same error, but a different Failure ID, and product ID.

Failure ID: 608830-5Q987P-QFPH4K-C0FH03

Product ID: A6S16UA#ABA

I've had battery issues since the install of the Windows 10 update.

ie: if you unplug the cord the system shuts down and does not run on battery power. 

It did not do this the day before when I was allowing the update to run...on the battery power!

I have the HP Pavilion dv7-6b63us

Thanks!

Oh...and tried the BIOS date and time deal from the previous post...the date and time were both correct.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @unicornsplay,

Thank you for the inquiry. I hope you had a terrific weekend!   

I grasp that you have verified the date and time are correct in the BIOS.However you got a different failure code, though. This error code is referring to the battery. What were the results when you tested and calibrated the battery. You could also try this step as it is possible that the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, which is basically the driver that communicates between the computer and the battery has become corrupted. 

Step 1. Go to Device Manager.
Step 2. Select Batteries.
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
Step 4. Click Uninstall.
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver.
Step 6. Shutdown the computer.

Step 7: Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager.
Step 9. Select Batteries.
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software".

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!

I had acually already done those things, even removed the drivers and allowed them to be reinstalled.  I did go through again and check for any driver updates.

It didn't work for me.

I'm having even more issues as the days go on... some pop up window saying something couldn't load , due to another instance already running, and the blue screen of irql_not_less_than_or_equal.

I'm so frustrated with this...when I had Windows 7 I didn't have all this trouble, and its too late to go back. 

HP Recommended

Hi@unicornsplay,

Thank you for your reply.  As you have tried the previous steps without success and you are unable to rollback to Windows 7. I would try a clean install of Windows 10. Windows 10 - Clean Install (from tenforums.com).

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.