Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement hard drive

HP 15-P199SA
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have a HP 15-P199SA running Windows 10.  The laptop will not start. System test stops with a Hard Drive DST Check : failed.  FAilure ID : M37S3F-7R6874-MFPV6K-60R403.  I believe I need to replace the hard drive, the laptop is out of warranty. Can you suggest a suitable replacement? TY

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement hard drive

Welcome @Andy1231

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! Based on your description, I understand that you are looking to replace your Hard drive as you received a Failure ID code: M37S3F-7R6874-MFPV6K-60R403 indicating a hard drive failure on your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p199sa.  

I would suggest backing up all important files as soon as you can just to be safe!

Here is the Backing up your files (Windows 10, 😎 document and the Hard Drive Failure Errors: Imminent Failure, Smart, BIOHD, HD535, etc.document that you may be interested in looking at. 

Here is the HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide with the hard drive specifications and Page 94, Chapter 6, Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Provider parts. This will help you determine which hard drive is accurate for your Notebook and how to replace the hard drive. 

If you would like to order a hard drive for your Notebook, you can use the HP PartSurfer website. 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the Thumbs Up button. If the issue has been resolved for you today, please mark this post as an Accepted Solution. This will help other members find the answers more efficiently. 

I hope this helped! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Andy1231 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement hard drive

Hi,  backing up the hard drive was not an option as it had already failed.  I have since replaced the hard drive with theexact same model.  Alas. the laptop will not reload the OS from the USB Recovery stick.  I have since loaded UBUNTO onto the laptop, which works fine.  However, I would like to run the original windows 8.  Why wont the Recovery USB stick work?

Andy

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement hard drive

Hey Andy1231, 

What type of Recovery is it?

Is it one that you had made?

Is it one that you had purchased from HP?

Here is the Performing an HP System Recovery for you to take a look at. It has all the information provided above and more in its contents. There is also a document called Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems. This document may have steps in it that will help you sort out the recovery not completing for you. 

When we have resolved the issue, please let others know how much the troubleshootinghelped by clicking the Accept as Solution button. 

If you would like to give a big Thumbs Up for my effort today, please use the button below! 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Thanks for joining in! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation