05-10-2016 07:00 AM
Hi, Is anybody knows how to reset the bios on HP Elitebook 8440p ?
This is what I tried by now:
Bios Password Backdoor (after 4 wrong password the sistem is just restarting)
Jumper Settings (I couldn't found it)
Any more ideeas?
05-10-2016 07:07 AM
Unfortunately, business machines such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models - they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial No. and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.
If you Contact HP Business support they should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)