asb152
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset

HP Windows 10

Hello, 

I am currently using my brothers old laptop which is an windows 10. He doesn’t remember the password. I don’t know anything about laptops but I have watched at least 20 videos on how to reset and nothing will work. 

I tried boy the clear all files and completely reset and both times it just keeps saying I need more available space. Please respond soon because my class technologies class is at 10:45. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,492 22,449 1,887 3,004
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset

@asb152 Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know & do:

HP recommends using a Microsoft account for signing into Windows. Using a Microsoft account offers many benefits, including easy password recovery. If you currently have a local user account, consider switching to a Microsoft account after recovering or changing your current password. Go to Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10) for more information.

NOTE: 

If you cannot sign in with your original password, make sure caps lock is not on and the keyboard layout matches your country/region. If available, use other methods to sign in, such as a password hint, PIN, or a picture password.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation