Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restart issue

DV7-7012-nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

This laptop has an SSD

If I shut it down it does so very quickly. If I start it after shutting it down it boots in a few seconds

However if I restart the machine using the restart option it takes a very long time to boot

What am I doing wrong.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,010 11,990 795 788
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restart issue

@ImenezJose

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that when you restart your Notebook it takes a longer time to boot compared to when you shut it down

I'll try my best to help and we will get to the bottom of this concern 👍

This is due to the "fast startup" feature of Window 10 which is usually enabled by default

When the Fast Startup is enabled, the Shutdown actually becomes hibernation. That explains why "resuming" from shutdown is faster than a restart.

Hope this clears it. 😀

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😉

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ImenezJose
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restart issue

Hello

Apologies for the late reply but I was away from that machine for the past week. Oddly after I installed the HP 3D drivers restart became very fast.

I did double check though and faststart was enabled . I timed it both way and restarting to loging screen took 11 seconds both times so in a way the issue is moot. I do not know if it would have been different had that driver not been installed .

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it on the other  HP machines just in case

Best

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,010 11,990 795 788
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restart issue

@ImenezJose

I'm glad you were able to get this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need assistance

Thank you 😀

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation