cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Chet1967
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Running Notebook Computer without internal battery

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Convertable Model 15 df0033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced my the battery in my HP Spectre X360 Convertable Model 15 notebook computer.  It's an internal battery.  Since replacing the battery I receive a "Non-HP Battery Detected" message each time I boot.  The message goes away after a few seconds and the system continues the boot process.  However, I'd like to see that message go away.

While looking for help from consultants, one told me to remove the battery, then plug in the AC adapter and restart the computer.  If it boots properly I am then, with the power connected and the computer running, to re-install the battery. 

I don't feel it would be wise to reconnect an internal battery while the machine is running.  I am hoping to be convinced by some of you that doing this would be safe.  Otherwise, hopefully one of you can tell me how to make the message disappear.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,989 40,024 13,114 27,470
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chet1967 

Your machine does not have RTC (CMOS) battery therefore you need to keep battery inside. For the message, you can use battery, can charge battery why bother a message in few seconds ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Chet1967
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info about having no CMOS battery.  I won't try to do what that consultant asked me to.

I have a hard time believing that there is no option to bypass unnecessary alerts.  I still want to try to eliminate that NON HP BATTERY message, even if it does go away in a few seconds. 

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation