Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-an001np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello;

6 months ago I get an HP envy 15 «gaming» with very nice specs, half price because of an ugly Star Wars cover (650 instead of 1500€.....). I swaped the original HDD (1TB) to my SSD previously installed for 5 years on an Asus.

The Envy immediatly showed random boots, with only 1 succesfull startup over 20.

The PC remained blackscreened, after 5 minutes would display a red message «boot fail».

Only hard reset would allow it to start on the SSD.

Solution

Boot option

Update to the very last BIOS firmware, restart the PC

Enter the BIOS menu [F10]

go to the tab «boot»

go to the menu «boot options»

change the value of the first parameter, «POST hotkey delay (sec)» to anything else than «0»

Hit [F10] to save and restart the computer

Admire.

This solution has been working for 2 months for me, reading forums I can see i'm not the only one that had this trouble.

This should work on the Envy 15 family.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.