Did you mean: 
AgoodOmen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Sabrent 2TB NVMe causes several minute delay to POST on HP OMEN 15-en0000

HP Recommended

Hi,
I have both a Sabrent SB-ROCKET-2TB and a Sabrent SB-ROCKET-1TB NVMe drive for my HP Omen 2020 Laptop.

Both these drives were used without issue in a desktop until I got this laptop about a week or two ago.

To try and keep this as simple as possible, with the SB-ROCKET-1TB installed the Laptop works exactly as you would expect.

However, if i replace the SB-ROCKET-1TB with the SB-ROCKET-2TB or add the SB-ROCKET-2TB as a second drive the laptop, it will wait for upwards of 2-3 minutes at POST but ONLY AFTER A RESTART of the laptop from within Windows as an example and NEVER from a powered off state.

Powering up the laptop from power off sees the system load perfectly every time with the 2TB installed.

To rule out Windows or any other configuration issues, i removed the SB-ROCKET-1TB, created an Ubuntu Live USB, booted from that into Ubuntu Live and then restarted from within Ubuntu and the issue still happens where it sits at POST for a long time with the 2TB installed. Meaning the 2TB isnt even used, its only installed and yet it still happens.

Power Off/On the laptop and it starts to load immeditely. I have the latest available firmware installed - version 13A.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation