Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-AB243CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all and thank you for your help. I installed a Samsung Evo 860 ssd and have a peculiar boot issue. I installed the OS with the recovery drive and everything seemed to go well, but when a shut down and then try to boot the drive won’t load. I than entered bios and boot order, made no changes but simply exited and the drive loads normally. What is interesting as well, is if I leave a thumb drive installed when booting the drive will load as well. I also tried cloning the installed ssd with the hdd in a dock by Acronis cd and this initially resolved the boot issue. I then installed the new Windows 10 version and this again caused the ssd to not load again, but again I was able to load via bios or with a thumb drive installed. I was wondering if you guys might think this is perhaps a bios or firmware issue, or perhaps just an incompatibility issue with this specific motherboard and ssd?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Iamtrust44 Welcome to HP Community!

Here's the list of parts tested and approved to work on your device by HP, and though the brand of the component doesn't matter, the specifications do, and HP doesn't recommend changing or upgrading the device as its designed to work at its optimal performance, however, you may do so at your own discretion.

For details on approved parts: click here & visit page. 3 of Chapter 1 > Product description

If the SSD you've purchased doesn't match the above specifications, there could be compatibility issues causing the issue.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.