Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

A few months after initially receiving my laptop (I got the laptop June 2018) I originally had issues with audio, it sounded a bit muffled when I played music; however, I somehow fixed that. Since then parts of my screen would occasionally flash black/green/pink/blue and open tabs would turn black, I could get rid of that by going over it with my mouse, however, the flashing of colours on my screen I could never get rid of. These were a bit annoying and sometimes even worrying, but I didn't know how to fix it. Yesterday, however, things really took a turn when my laptop would turn off due to low battery, understandably, however, would show warning signs of the battery being too low and that the battery has to be replaced in a store. These warnings stopped appearing after that and now my laptop has been randomly locking up and restarting ever since the warnings. I tried troubleshooting using hp support and it says my battery is OK and fully functional ... that's not true though.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rebeccacor2002 

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is much less than 100% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thank you for your response! I'm looking at the report right now and it gives me a value of 50,266 mWh for both Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity. What does that mean?

HP Recommended

@rebeccacor2002 

The value is not important as long as the two values match or are close -- and that means your battery is capable of being charged to full capacity and is not defective.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.