Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo! 

This morning my pc can't boot the windows system.. leave me only a black screen.

I try to do Start-Up Test and the response is 

Failure is : u162j2-6479nx-xd002k-60x703

Someone have any ideas to how to resolve this? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported, Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure, means the hard drive needs to be replaced, and the operating system reinstalled.

Consult the Maintenance and Service Guide for your specific model Envy notebook for the HDD R & R procedure.

You may want to consider purchasing a better performing, normally more reliable 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

You can reinstall W10 by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will let you make a bootable W10 USB flash drive installer. You will need an 8 GB flash drive for this.

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.