Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I heard that we should use UEFI if mainboard support.

I checked my Probook 450 G1, there are 3 options of Boot Mode: 1-Legacy, 2-UEFI Hybrid (with CSM), 3-UEFI Native (without CSM).

Currently my laptop uses Legacy with SSD Samsung 860 Evo.

Which Boot Mode is the best for my laptop?

Can I dual boot Linux (on an external HDD) along with Window 10 if I use UEFI?

I have install Linux successfully, but it cannot boot to Linux.

Please guide me config in Boot - System Configuration to boot Linux. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dktran 

There is no "best" mode -- while UEFI is the newest, the others work fine as well.  If you change the mode, Windows will no longer boot.

Linux has to be installed using the same mode as Windows.  So, if your PC is currently using Legacy mode, then you need to install Linux the same way.  But we do not provide support for Linux on HP PCs.  So, if you install this, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining your PC after that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.