cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
kava93
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Shutdown immediately after wake from sleep

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 ax000nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,

I'm having a strange issue after replacing my TE03XL battery on my HP OMEN 15 ax000nl.

Let's consider that i have AC disconnected and battery full charged.

I put my pc on sleep and it goes correctly.

I wake it from sleep and it seems to wake correctly but after few seconds (from 2 to 10) it shutdown unexpected without any advice.
After this moment I cannot power on PC again for some minutes, unless I attach AC or I unplug-wait-plug in battery again.

In first time I thought about a faulty battery, but now i'm trying a totally new one and the issue is exactly the same so I can exclude it.

Similar behavior occurs if I power off and power on PC ( I have fast startup ENABLED on windows 10 ).

What do you think? Is more probably an hardware issue or an OS issue related to how PC goes to sleep and wake from it ?

Thanks to all

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,747 25,682 1,200 1,245
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kava93

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery.
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only.
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kava93
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it didn't help.

I'm returning back the battery to the seller (for the second time) asking for a refund.

For who want to change battery, I suggest to stay away from "Visiodirect" batteries.

Unfortunately i never found an original HP TE03XL battery on the web, but only compatible one, that are not really compatible...

Do you know where I can found an original TE03XL battery?

Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,747 25,682 1,200 1,245
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kava93

Thank you for posting back.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation