Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 P077tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

Recently I'm Facing this issue on my Laptop, When I Put my PC to sleep and and Wake it up right away, it wakes up Easily, but, when I Put my Laptop on Sleep for some time and go to do other stuffs, and then when I Open the lid of the Laptop, the Power Button LED is glowing, but the PC won't Wake up, NO MATTER WHAT I DO, Keyboards, Touchpad, Mouse nothing works, the LED of mouse doesn't Glow, and I Have to To A Hard Reboot (Pressing the Power Button for 5 Seconds and then It is switched off, then only I can start the Laptop Again). 

And yes, even when I Do Not put the Laptop on Sleep, and just Remove the Power Cord, it even then this happens to the Laptop.

I Don't know what's Causing this issue, I've already checked the Power Management in the Device Manager, Have tweaked the Hibernate option off and on through Powershell(admin). 

Please help me, I am a Student and I have a lot of work to do on the Laptop, I don't want to Lose my Files every other day.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Vishu9519

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Restart the computer

Restarting your computer erases all information in the computer memory, which might restore functionality.

If the issue persists after restarting the computer, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Enable the keyboard to wake the computer

Enabling your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode might resolve the issue.

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards, and then double-click the name of your keyboard.

Keyboards selection in the Device Manager window

3. Click the Power management tab.

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Select the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

Allow this device to wake the computer selection in the Power Management tab

5. Click OK.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

1. In Windows, search for and open Troubleshoot.

Search for Troubleshoot

2. In the Find and fix other problems area, click Power, and then click Run the troubleshooter.

Clicking Run the troubleshooter button in the Power troubleshooting tool

A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues.

Detecting issues progress bar in the Power troubleshooting tool

3. After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter, or click Explore additional options if needed.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.