Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp da-0020tx

I ran short and long dst test. Result was positive. Bt i can't open my laptop. It says hard disk error (301)

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Sabbit 

Hello,

Hard Disk Drive Error (301) at computer startup indicates a hardware failure in the hard disk drive, please replace the hard disk drive to solve this problem. If possible, back up your personal files to a flash drive or external hard drive as soon as you can.

The following documents are available for reference:
HP PCs - Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7)

The procedure for replacing the hard disk drive can be found in the HP manual below on pages 45 and 46.
Maintenance and Service Guide

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,🤠

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Bt dst test results were positive.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your return,

In this case, I suggest that you perform a thorough Extensive system test of your computer, using the HP PC Diagnostic UEFI interface (F2).

Proceed as follows to perform the Extensive system test:
  1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press F2 key repeatedly.
  3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  4. Click Extensive Test.
  5. Click Run once.
    While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.
  6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for send it to us in your next answer. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,🤗

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Extensive test done. All result passed. What to do now?

HP Recommended

@Sabbit 

Thanks for your return,

In this case, I suggest that you follow the instructions of the HP link Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10) in order to reinstall the computer from the factory.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards, 😎

HP Recommended

I did perform system recovery. Bt remaining the same problem

HP Recommended

It says F2 system diagnostic

Enter - continue startup

I click enter then it some blue screen appear for some time then again same F2 & ENTER screen showing

HP Recommended

@Sabbit 

I'm going to ask another expert to come and help you, because on my side it's the hard drive that seems to be defective.
Otherwise, please use the HP System Recovery Kit created on the first day you had the computer.

I urge you to wait until an expert such as @Paul_Tikkanen can come and help you.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to solicit us.

Cordially,🤗

HP Recommended

Hi, @Sabbit 

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...The only different step you need to get to the boot options menu, is to immediately tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.  Then select the F9 boot options menu to select the USB flash drive you want to boot from and press the enter key.

https://www.remosoftware.com/info/how-to-fix-smart-hard-disk-error-301

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.